Monday, July 14, 2008

What A Difference A Day Makes

24 little hours . . .

My goodness.

Yesterday, I was finalizing some plans I've had in the works for taking our company in a new direction. Well, actually, any direction would do since we've been sort of floundering along lately. I stayed up late finishing a few touches on a new web page that would be launched the next day. Exhausted, and not just a little worried, I fell asleep around 1:00 am.

I awoke this morning feeling oddly refreshed and with the certain feeling that today would be a great day. I wasn't sure in what way, just that it would be fantastic.

Sure enough, I managed to accomplish more household tasks than usual, including tackling the kid's toys! (Their room is the cleanest it's been in months. Maybe even in a year! Even better, they helped a lot.)

While my darling was out and about today, he picked up some asparagus for me. I couldn't believe it. Not only does he not like the taste of asparagus, he actually has a moral objection to the stuffs existence on the planet. I, however, love the stuff and I am, at this very moment, enjoying a plate full of it, topped with hollandaise sauce! Divine!

What's more, we have had more calls today for our company that we have had all month. We have sent out quotes and contracts galore and actually have a project starting tomorrow morning from contracts sent today. It's unheard of. And very welcome.

What a difference a day makes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, just when things seem the darkest, something comes along and lends a helping hand.

When one door closes another opens seems to be true.

I am glad things are better today.

Talk to you later,
Mommy

Jessica Davison said...

Good luck! Oh, and the new site looks great!

Sandie said...

Mommy,

I have always found that things always seem to work out however they are supposed to. It's usually not in the way that I think they should work out, but in this case, it's better than I had hoped for!

Jessie,

Thanks so much for looking over our site. I really appreciate feedback there because it's a new skill for me and you really don't get much information from visitors about what they liked or didn't like. This has all been a really big leap.