Sunday, July 20, 2008

Success!

Josie woke me up only once to go potty in the middle of the night and she went right back to sleep afterwards. Katie didn't get up at all in the night, but she was a little damp in the morning. Not bad for our first night, huh?

And this morning, Sarah saw her new undies and refused to wear a diaper. Hmmm. A day ahead of when I'd planned, but hey, when you've got a really motivated kid, schedules just have to go right out the window. She'd only been in undies for about a half an hour, we've been to the potty twice and she hasn't done anything yet. I have high hopes for her, though. She's been carefully watching everyone else in the house go potty, something she was only vaguely interested in before.

I was going to go buy my last diapers today, but I think I'll wait. Who knows . . . maybe I won't have to!

2 comments:

Beckie Russell said...

I'm rooting for you! Go Sarah, Go. (And I mean that literally!) Good job on the twins' parts. Aunt Beckie is proud of you!

Jennie C. said...

It'll help a little to limit their intake of liquids for the hour before bed and to make sure that they go potty last thing before tuck-ins. Make sure they're well hydrated the rest of the day, though. You don't want them to suffer the discomfort of thirst! (I never worried about it, myself, in spite of dire warnings. No bottles of milk or juice to take to bed, but I've always let them have a spill proof cup of water in case of the midnight thirsties. Night time training still went off without a hitch.)