Katie was coughing a few nights ago and when I went in to check on her she was sitting up in bed. This is usually a sure sign that she is about to get sick, so I scooped her up and brought her out of her room. Instead of needing to contain a mess, however, I found myself with a snuggly baby! I brought her to the living room, prepared to offer her a drink, but she refused. Instead, she said "I think I'm asleep, Mommy." Her eyes were closed and she buried her face in my neck. I told her she was probably right.
" I love you, Mommy"
"I love you too, sweetie." She gave a heavy sigh.
"Can you put me back in bed, Mommy?" So I did. I didn't want too. I would have happily sat up all night, enjoying the feel of her snuggled into my neck. It's rare that she and I get that opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment