. . . a few days late.
Yes, yes. I know. I said I'd blog a lot about the things we did in December, but that was last year. Granted we had a great time sending 2007 into history, but now is the time to focus my attention forward and, since you've decided to come and visit with me here for some unknown reason, you get to join me.
This year, I would like to resolve to be a better person. I'd like to focus my energies not just on my own household, but on the lives of the people I care about who don't live with me as well. My sisters, for example, shouldn't have to be the ones to call me in order to hear my voice. I have a phone. And I have a phone plan that allows me to talk as long as I want for no extra charge. And I actually do know how to dial the thing, though I am a little out of practice. Now, if I could just find their phone numbers. Hey, Jen . . . Wanna give me a little help with yours? I've actually lost the thing. And you come up as private on the caller ID. . .
I also resolve to be a better wife and mother. My job here is actually very simple; keep the house clean, feed everyone healthy meals, teach and nurture the children, create a happy, healthy and loving environment for the whole family . . .(Okay, there's too much to list) and I don't do it. Well, the love part I've got down, but the rest of it, especially the cleaning, just doesn't happen. Lack of accountability, I blame, but really I'm just lazy. My sister Jennie, who has a great way of lovingly bringing life into blunt and crystal focus, would remind me that it is a character flaw and there is no one and nothing else to blame but me. So, I resolve to get my home running smoother, with better habits for me. This month I'm focusing on two habits. 1) Clean all the dinner dishes and any remaining dishes from the day BEFORE I go to bed every night. Next month, I want to accomplish this before the kids go to bed. 2) Learn to actually DO the laundry and not just throw a load in when everyone is running around naked. And I do mean the whole bit: sorting, washing, drying, folding and putting it all away. Those who know me might find this all too much to handle in one month, but come see me in February. You just might be surprised.
Finally, I resolve to blog more. I'd love to spend some time here every day, but I'm afraid that isn't likely. Maybe every other morning, with a cup of coffee . . . We'll see. But at a minimum, I will impart my thoughts every Friday. Sometimes just an update on our lives here, sometimes some inner thought that's bugging me. It could be anything. But I want to you know me, dear loyal readers who's numbers have dwindled dreadfully low.
Good night, friends. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and I wish you a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.
Here's to 2008!
2 comments:
Today visits: 1
That's me! I can't believe you don't have my phone number...
I managed to successfully dial Beckie's from memory the other day. Woohoo! Because I haven't been able to remember numeric things since I was pregnant with Meg. When we flew home from Germany, I wanted to call home and tell them we'd safely landed, but I couldn't remember the phone number to save my life. So I just stood in front of the phone and let my finger dial all by itself. Boy was I pleased when it dialed the right number!
As my hubby likes to say, don't talk about it, do it. He doesn't believe in changes until they've been in effect for 3 months. If they are maintained, then you've changed. It turns out that it's way easier to convince yourself not to do something than it is to do it. But once you actually kick yourself in the butt and do it, you wonder why you put it off, because it wasn't that hard to do to begin with. I'm like that with grading papers. Anyhoo, good luck with the changes.
Post a Comment