Josie had trouble going to sleep last night. She nearly threw up because she was crying so much. She finally told me she was afraid of the shadows in her room. I explained that the shadows were from her own movements because she was laying by the night light and it was throwing her shadow up onto the ceiling.
Then she had lions in her blanket.
That one started with Katie months ago. She was afraid of imaginary lions in the hallway until Daddy grabbed them, beat them up for her and kicked them out the back door. Really.
Once Josie said there were lions in her blanket, Katie magically found some in hers. So, quietly because Sarah was actually sleeping through all of this, Daddy went in to exterminate all the lions. Even the baby ones that Josie found after the big ones were gone.
We spent 45 minutes calming her down. 45 minutes of trying to balance the need to avoid her throwing up and trying to avoid giving in to her and allowing her to stay up longer. In the end, a drink of milk and an extra stuffed friend did the trick.
It's nights like these that I realize just how spoiled I am that these things don't happen more frequently!
1 comment:
I'm so amused by the imaginary lions in the blankets...that's so funny! We haven't had any experiences like that. Just that Angie's afraid of the halloween music on noggin.
Post a Comment