A few months ago, some very kind people gave us toddler beds for the twins. There is one made from light wood and another made from a darker wood. They arrived here fully assembled and, having no place else to store them, I put them in the baby room right away.
We talked about what they were and that Big Girls sleep in beds like that. They've had plenty of time to get used to the idea and, since Katie and Josie sleep together in the same crib, they've also had time to outgrow their babyish sleeping arrangements.
Yesterday morning, I told them they would be sleeping in their big girl beds that night. We cleaned up, rearranged the room a little and made their beds. When night time finally came, they readily said goodnight to their daddy, grabbed their bedtime paraphernalia and each climbed into bed on their own.
I almost cried to see my little babies taking care of themselves so nicely, but instead I told them how proud I am of them. They stayed in bed all night long and didn't get up until about 8:15 this morning. They even managed to stay put through a thunderstorm!
My babies are big girls now!
No comments:
Post a Comment