Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A Fun Toddler Moment

"Mommy, my apple juice is empty. That makes me sad . . ." Katie moaned in a most pitiful way.
"Oh. What can we do to make you happy?" I inquired.
With a glimmer in her eye, she did her best to keep the pout on her face. "More apple juice make me happy?"
I was on to her, though. I'm almost certain this was a way for her to avoid saying the magic word.
With a little prodding, she quietly and painfully said "May I please have more apple juice?"

She pouted and frowned the whole time I was pouring for her. She didn't smile until the juice was actually in her hand.

"Now I happy, Mommy! Thank you!"

Silly babies!

1 comment:

Beckie Russell said...

Similar to Angie: "Mommy, you carryyou me?" "no, not right now." "Oh, but I love you!"

Silly baby.