Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Cuteness

Yesterday, in case you couldn't tell from my last recipe post, was dreadful. So many issues combined to make for terribly cranky and short tempered babies, which made for a cranky and short tempered mommy. I was able to get everyone off to bed at a decent time and then Sarah woke up briefly about an hour later. She snuggled into my chest while I sat on the couch and she began snoring. Within 15 minutes, I had her back down in bed.

Then, around 11:30, she woke again. I changed her and brought her to bed with me, stopping first to see her hard working Daddy for some extra kisses. We cuddled in bed, my Sarah and I, and she chatted about the curtains and the window behind them, about the lovely, white ceiling, about the blue glow that comes from my alarm clock, the jewelry box that sits on the shelf above the alarm clock and the pictures scattered about the room. She played gently with my hair, pet my cheek and kissed me liberally.


She didn't go to sleep very easily at all, but somehow she was just what I needed. And, thanks to her, I'm not dreading this day, but looking forward to it.

No comments: