Nap time here has become a bit of a battle. Unless I make the twins run endless circles around the back yard for most of the morning, they aren't tired enough to fall right asleep. So they play with each other. A lot.
Yesterday I didn't feel very well and I really wanted/needed a nap myself. Of course, because it had been raining and there had been a decided lack of running laps in the morning, the twins refused to go to sleep.
Annoyed at having to give up my dream of afternoon rest, I went downstairs to finish up some laundry. The dryer happens to be directly below the twins room. They were yelling and laughing and being generally contrary. Momentarily consumed by my frustration, I banged twice on the floor joists above my head.
Silence.
"Whooo iiiis iiiit?!"
Josie, with three little words, had managed to completely melt my growing anger. I was reduced to a puddle of giggles which I tried to muffle so I could hear what she said next.
"Whooo iiiis iiiit?!" She said again. "Mommy . . . Where are you!"
Sorry I was gone for a while, Josie. Thanks for bringing me back!
No comments:
Post a Comment