While exploring the properties of magnets this morning, Josie tried to get hers to stick to the wooden kitchen cabinet door. Her remark: "Mommy, this not workin' so good . . ."
While I was going through the mail today, Katie watched, hoping for bits of junk mail, which I allow my children to play with and then throw away. I was looking at a postcard coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond when she exclaimed "20!" "When did you learn to recognize that number," I asked in surprise. "Two, zero. Twenty," she replied casually.
Last night, the children stayed up late because they wanted to see Daddy when he got home. After the fun reunion he had to leave again for an hour or so, and I went about the task of putting my cranky babies to sleep. Sarah came to me, whining and teary, with her play telephone, which looks remarkably like our real telephone. When I asked her what was wrong, my darling little one year old replied, clear as can be, "Momma . . . No Beckie!" and then broke into such pitiful tears.
**Note: Beckie is my sister. We talk with her almost every day.
1 comment:
These are the moments that I cannot wait for!
I hope to have some type of journal that I can write quick jots like this down it - what a gift it would be for our little girl!
Post a Comment