It's late. My husband is sleeping upstairs. My children are all finally settled in for the night, barring any craziness from the upstairs neighbors, and I have a moment of quiet. Somehow this was a busy day. To look back on it, I'm not sure what I really accomplished, but I feel like I was working and moving non-stop.
And there is more to come.
Sam has to leave tonight. It's a trip for work. Well, actually this trip has nothing to do with work other than the fact that Sam's boss asked him to do it. There is no measuring or drafting or photographing going on in Ohio tomorrow morning. He's going to pick up three cars. In lots of pieces.
It's a strange thing, really, but I don't feel like going into everything now. Basically these bits and parts and whatnots are a present for the boss' eleven year old son who requested a Mustang convertible project car for his birthday. It must be nice to have money . . .
3 comments:
Do you really think so? Do you really think more money to spend on frivolous things would make you happier? Or make life better?
Is your house warm and dry? Do you enough food to keep your family's bellies full? Do you have decent clothes to wear? Then you have everything you need.
We aren't all given the same gifts, but we must be careful not to envy other people's blessings. Maybe he has more money than you, but that doesn't mean he's better off.
More money isn't necessarily for spending on frivolous things, but for making you feel secure should an emergency situation come up. It's for giving you a chance to breathe without worrying whether you'll make this month's rent or not. I can understand wanting a buffer.
Ah, yes, but my point wasn't about emergency money. It was about covetousness. Sandie says she's just being sarcastic, but it sounds more like, "Wish I had what he has!"
Post a Comment