Saturday, June 23, 2007

Co-sleeping your Toddler Twins

At first they just wanted to switch cribs. So for about a week, Katie slept in Josie's bed and Josie slept in Katie's bed. Then, Katie wanted to switch back again, but Josie wasn't ready. I put her back in her own crib anyway, since Katie should be allowed to decide if she wants to give up her own bed or not, and ended up having to give Josie a bath. So, after much discussion, Katie agreed to let Josie sleep with her, in Katie's bed. It's been a little over a week now and they are still sleeping together in Katie's crib. It's sweet. They sleep better. They snuggle into each other and absolutely love it. I just keep going over this in my mind, trying to figure out if this is a good thing, or if there is some habit here that I'm going to have to break later on. Is there some down side to this that I haven't seen yet?

For now, though, my twins are sleeping exactly as they were created.

2 comments:

Jennie C. said...

I've always heard that twins sleep better together, and that seems perfectly obvious to me. As for habits to break later, with both of them being girls, I wouldn't worry about it. They'll likely want their own spaces at some point, and in the meantime, I can't see any harm in it, either. As long as they're actually sleeping, of course!

Beckie Russell said...

I'm in full agreement. I can't see a downside to it and if they want to share a bed until they are five, I say go for it!