Thursday, October 05, 2006

Smiling from Ear to Ear

It came via text message this morning. "miss you, miss" it said. He tells me in some way every day that he misses me. Most often it's a quick telephone call, but sometimes I'm surprised by an e-mail and still other times, like this morning, it's a happy little jingle on my cell phone to remind me that he's thinking about me.

It's such a simple thing and it always makes my day brighter. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the layers of gray clouds outside look a little less menacing! My chores are a little bit easier, the children are a little bit more helpful and, though it's hard to tell for certain, I think my feet might be floating along the floor. It always amazes me that a man I think so much of feels that way about me, too!

No comments: