Friday, October 20, 2006

Pumpkin Delights

I like to have a get together for my family and Sam's family at my house before the holiday rush of commitments makes it nearly impossible. I don't think it's quite tradition yet, since I've only done it once before.

This year I went a little silly and sent invitations shaped like small file folders. I created a whole file called "Mission: Pumpkin Patch" and included mission guidelines, target identifications and other silly spy themed things. The file described a secret ingredient, which I suppose isn't really secret because of the mission name, and a top secret envelope. The ingredient, because of the timing of the party, is pumpkin. The top secret envelope contained a category, a different one for each invitation, in which the "agents" are to work.

So, on Saturday, October 28th, our family members will be bringing different dishes all made with pumpkin. I have a few other things planned too, so it won't just be a collection of people trying to get along, which sadly isn't always easy for some of them us. I'm looking forward to all the pumpkin delights we will be sharing and I hope it is as fun as the planning is!

No comments: