Friday, July 18, 2008

A Little Advice, Please?

I thought I'd take a look, today, at cloth training undies to use with Sarah during the day and the twins at night. I figured it would be a simple process . . . just order them up! But, alas, there are so many choices that I just don't know what to do.

Having never used even a cloth diaper, I am not even sure what features I should be looking for. I know they must last through many and frequent washings, I'd prefer it if they had some sort of treatment that will reduce the mess everywhere, and I'd like them to be as affordable as possible, since I will be using them on three kids at once!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

(Jennie?! lol)

2 comments:

Jennie C. said...

Yup. Go to Target or Walmart and look in the same aisle as the cloth diapers. You'll find two packs of Gerber training undies in various sizes. The tighter the fit, the better the undies will hold in poopy accidents, but they'll also be that much harder to slide down those chubby legs without making a mess.

I'm afraid that anything that contains messes is just a glorified diaper, and kids know they're wearing a glorified diaper and don't take the potty seriously. You'll have to suck it up and just dedicate yourself to cleaning up the messes until they get it.

Read the most recent blog post at Classless and Loving It for some help with this.

There's no easy way to potty train a kid. You just have to buckle down and do it.

Not what you wanted to hear, I suppose? The twins should be physically able to stay dry all night by now. If they aren't, you might have some other issues to work through. You can't throw money at the problems.

Beckie Russell said...

I thought Katie and Josie were pretty well potty trained. What's up? And Sarah wants to go, she asks all the time, she just needs to be consistently led to the bathroom to pee and poop -- before it happens in her diaper. Perhaps putting undies on her will help? And, yes, expect to change clothes and undies several times a day during the process. Really, the only thing you can do is be diligent and constantly on her case about going potty. Eventually it will happen.