We are all mended, for the most part, from our illness. A few lingering sniffles and an occasional cough to remind us that we did indeed have the flu are all that remain.
Today, the children have the faint but pleasant odor of cows about them. Our spare refrigerator is happily packed with farm fresh milk. The butter bell on my kitchen counter boasts a fresh batch of home-made creamy goodness. Buttermilk biscuits will accompany tonights dinner. And soon, there will be a few pounds of the best mozzarella I have ever tasted sitting in my cheese drawer, though I doubt it will last there very long. A funny thing about this cheese. It doesn't spoil, but it certainly doesn't last there very long. Must be something wrong with the drawer.
Yes, we visited our dairy farm today and brought home ten gallons of milk that I hope will last us for two weeks. Our previous trip was more than two weeks ago and our ten gallons lasted us well, but we were very sick for at least half of that time and not drinking as much milk as usual. I think we'll have this all worked out in a few more weeks.
In the meantime . . . Any local folks reading who want to join in on this raw milk revolution?
1 comment:
See if you have a co-op or health food store in your area where you might find interested people. I found my people quickly because I knew just where to look for them. :-) Good luck!
Tip: Homeschoolers are often organic lovers, too. Something about the lifestyle...:-)
Post a Comment