Thursday, February 21, 2008

All's Quiet

You won't here much from me here for another week or so, I'm guessing.

We are all sick.

Poor Sarah spent most of her birthday yesterday at the doctors with her sisters. (Can you believe she's two?!) It turns out we have the flu here. And Sam has pneumonia. And will probably have to go to the hospital for some serious treatment so he doesn't have any complications. His doctor is worried that, with his other issues, he can't take any more problems right now.

So, he's still home right now, because he is stubborn. But I'll get him out the door. Just as soon as he wakes up.

I have the flu, too. Not confirmed, because I don't see any reason to get tested. The doctor will only want to give me Tamiflu, which I will not take, so I see no point. The kids got Tamiflu yesterday, which causes vomiting. They couldn't keep anything down for the remainder of the night and the labeling promised about 4 to 5 days of that. So 4 to 5 days of vomiting to reduce the flu by 1 to 2 days. Does this make sense to anyone???

Not me.

Not my kids.

(Don't tell my doctor, but I didn't give them any of their doses today . . .And they've been eating and drinking just fine, thank you very much)

I'm left with a stuffy nose, a cough, three sick kids, a sick hubby and the nagging question: Has the world gone mad?

See you in about a week, friends. I hope you don't get sick, too. (I'm pretty sure I can't transmit flu germs via blog, but with technology being what it is, I'm sure they're working on it somewhere . . .)

TTFN

1 comment:

Jennie C. said...

So sorry you're sick! I think we've only had the sniffles twice this year, so we're not complaining. I did have to buy a lot of tissues, though. :-)