Katie and Josie are very good at going to the bathroom now. They tell me they have to go, then they pull out their stool, put their seat on if it's missing, and take care of business.
Yesterday, Katie was crying when Josie told me she had to go, so I was a little distracted. I told her to go ahead and she ran off. I heard her pull out the stool and moments later I heard her crying in panic.
Off I went to see what had happened. When I turned the corner, saw Josie standing in the middle of the bathroom and she was screaming "Mommy, I'm soaking wet!"
I spent a moment trying to figure out what she meant. Did she not make it to the potty in time? I looked around the room searching for an answer (The hysterical Josie wasn't being very helpful there). Then I realized that the water in the toilet was sloshing madly. And her rear end and thighs were soaked. And the baby seat was missing from the toilet.
"Oh, baby! Did you fall into the toilet?"
"Uh huh!" she said. Her tears dried up instantly, now that I had voiced the horrible thing that had happened to her.
I washed her off and she happily went potty, remembering to put her seat on, of course.
1 comment:
Oh, the trauma! Poor baby.
Post a Comment