105
That's the minimum number of diapers I've been using every week for the last year and a half. This number assumes that everyone wearing this ridiculous number of diapers pooped when they were supposed to and not inconveniently directly after being changed. A rare occurrence.
My local club warehouse store sells a few brands of diapers in giant boxes. For most normal 'one-baby-in-diapers-at-a-time' families, these boxes should last them about a month. I had to buy one every week for a minimum price of $20 per box if I got the really really cheap brand or $40 if I went and splurged on real, honest-to-goodness Pampers. Coupons helped, but when your grocery budget is a mere $100 a week to feed, clean and diaper a family of five (well, two of us don't use diapers), a $20 chunk out of that kind of hurts.
For the past week, however, Katie and Josie have only been using a diaper to go to bed. I'm still using the same box I bought two and a half weeks ago! I actually almost went running out the other day to pick up more before I stopped to think about it. I still have enough to get us through to the end of this week, at least. Maybe longer!
I'm really liking the idea of $30 or $40 per month instead of per week. And Sarah is begging to use the potty now, so who knows. Maybe I won't have to spend anything on diapers soon.
1 comment:
Holy Cow! At that rate, cloth diapers would have paid for themselves...well, a great many times over!
Post a Comment