I feel like Mommy. I really do. I still hug my babies, keep them clean, warm and safe. I feed them good food and do my best to keep them hydrated. I play games and tickle them and wiggle piggies for the two thousand four hundred and fifty sixth time. And then I do it again. I patiently explain "why" over and over, because nothing makes for a smart baby more than answering their questions, no matter how many their are. And then I do it all twice more, because we have three curious babies here.
But today, I'm not just Mommy. I'm Bobby. And that means that, in addition to my Mommy duties, I get to wipe runny noses, soothe terrible coughs, rub Vicks into little chests and give out loads of extra snuggles. I don't mind being Bobby, but, for my poor, sick babies sakes, I like being Mommy better.
No comments:
Post a Comment