The phone rang as I was cleaning up from breakfast. I answered to discover a familiar and friendly voice on the other end of the line. It was Aunt Eileen! And she wanted to come for a visit and bring her little granddaughter.
A few hours later she arrived and we had such a nice time. Alexa isn't around other children very much, so she had a little trouble playing with my kids, but once we got them all on the playground, they were best friends.
Katie and Josie mastered the "big girl" equipment while we were there, managing to climb things I didn't think they could reach. Josie fearlessly plummeted down the giant curly slide, which conveniently slows just in time for kids to get their feet on the ground. Katie was more hesitant about trying it, but by the time we left, she'd done it about 20 times!
While playing on a giant bouncy thing, don't know how else to describe it, Josie leaned over to Alexa and whispered "I love you, Lexa!"
Yes, I think we've found a new friend in Alexa. More playdates will follow, I'm sure. And I love that I get the chance to chat with my Aunt Eileen.
1 comment:
'Bout time you posted something! Sorry we missed this playdate, but we'll be by for others. Just let me know a bit in advance!
Post a Comment