Sunday, October 07, 2007

Souvenirs

When we set up in the house at Myrtle Beach, even though there were 4 bedrooms, I put all the children together in one room.

At home, Katie and Josie shared a room at night and Sarah slept in the 'music room'. I didn't like that arrangement at all, but I'd never had a good opportunity to make the transition. Katie and Josie always cried if I had to go into their room to get Sarah in the middle of the night. And if you know anything about Josie and interruptions in the middle of the night (let's just say that Josie's dinner would have been a waste), you'll understand why I was reluctant to push this change on her.

But going to a strange new place to sleep seemed like the perfect chance to change things up a bit. The whole week long that we were there, they all slept beautifully together with no issues at all!

Since we arrived back home again, I have not allowed Sarah to sleep in the other room at all. There have been several times when she has needed me in the middle of the night, but Katie and Josie have done nothing more than take a quick look at me as I enter or leave before they go right back to sleep.

What's even more wonderful is how they all wake up in the morning pleased as punch to see each other. Sarah's squeals of delight are such a sweet sound. She's glad to be in the same room with her big sisters and so are they.

Of all the things we could have brought back from our vacation, this souvenir is the best of all!

1 comment:

Jennie C. said...

Glad it's working out so well!