This morning, when I went in to get Katie & Josie up, Josie was crying.
"What's wrong, Josie?" I asked.
Katie replied in a very sweet and concerned voice, "Josie is sad, 'cause I took her orange paint brush."
"What orange paint brush. Can you show me?"
"This one!" Katie proudly held up her hand, clutching an imaginary paint brush.
"Oh. Is that the problem, Josie?" She nodded in the most pitiful way she could manage.
In the greatest theatrical performance their bedroom had seen in hours, I stooped down to the floor, picked up a giant, heavy, bright orange paint brush, told Josie to brace herself for her bigger, better prize and heaved it into their crib.
"Is that better, Josie?"
With a big grin, Josie nodded, tucked her big paint brush under one arm and swept away her tears.
2 comments:
That is so exasperating when they fight over imaginary things! Like they don't have enough to real stuff to worry about.
And adorable. I love it and I love your solution!
Post a Comment