Monday, July 02, 2007

New Plans

I've been working hard to get my family back on a schedule. We had all kinds of sleeping and behavior problems which I traced back to our lack of predictability. Sure enough, with a regular schedule to follow, all my little ducks fell neatly in line. (I really should listen to Jennie more often!)

Today, I was going to start some nice alphabet lessons and potty training. I might still let the girls do their Monday alphabet project, but today might not be the best day to make them use the potty. We are all sick!

My sister called me on Thursday, after we had all gone swimming at Grandma's on Wednesday, that Angie was sick and to look out for runny noses, watery eyes and sneezing. Sure enough, Saturday night, Katie & Josie's eyes were running. So Sunday morning I bought a bunch of soft lotion tissues and when I got home, they all had runny noses! Now I have it too, as of this morning, and with all this misery, I don't think I have the energy to enforce my new potty rule. I'll still ask if they want to, try to lure them with chocolate and stickers, but I think the real work will have to wait until tomorrow.

3 comments:

Beckie Russell said...

Sorry we got you sick! You can call Jenny K and blame it all on her, though, as I'm sure that's where it originated! Love you and hope you feel better soon!

Jennie C. said...

Oh, no! Don't start with the bribes until there is a behavior issue! That's a last resort! Until then, let a dry bottom be its own reward.

And feel better!

Beckie Russell said...

I coaxed Angie into pooping on the potty with stickers as a reward, which she is allowed to put anywhere on the sticker wall by herself. She used to pee with no problem, but refused to poop, hence the reward. We don't hardly give rewards anymore, but they worked great for us.

I would guess, right now, vigilance on your part is more appropriate, since they don't even get what pottying is for yet. So it's up to you to be paying attention non-stop for a few days so that you can figure out when to get them onto the potty for some peeing. And then the effusive praise, etc, etc.