It all started out innocently enough. There was a little drip coming from the dishwasher. Not a big deal, really. We told the landlords about it when, after a full washing cycle, there was a small puddle on the floor. Rich checked it out for us and cleaned a few things and I've had very little trouble with it, though it did still occasionally drip. Then, a few days ago, I came home to find that the dishes I had set to washing while we were out weren't clean. And, there was a ton of water still in the bottom of the dishwasher. Dirty water.
Somehow, the machine isn't draining!
Sam took it apart to check hoses for clogs. Nothing significant. He cleaned them all out anyway, but a quick test told us this was not really the issue. When it's supposed to be draining it actually lightly sprays the water back up onto the dishes. Somethings amok with my dishwasher.
So I'm left to wash the dishes myself. I'm not so good at getting dishes done when I have a machine to do the dirty work, let along when I have to do it all by hand. I have a kitchen full of dishes.
I'm off, now, to clean those all up before I have to get dinner started. The landlords will be here tomorrow, after all, and I don't want them to walk into three-day-old dirty dishes! Nor to I want to live with the smell they will surely create if left untended. But I do so hate washing dishes!
There must be a way to turn this around in my head. Maybe I should be grateful that we have dishes. And food to eat on them. And babies to make more messes. Yeah. I'll try that.
2 comments:
I find dish-washing calming, soothing even. It is a mindless task, really, requiring no significant thought process and allows me to spend some time reflecting. The baby (or babies, in your case) will entertain themselves while you do it, and you can take a mini-break from toddling after them all day. Think of it as a mini-vacation. And the process of physically organizing and tidying in itself can set your mind to rights as well.
I like handwashing dishes, too. I use the dishwasher, but it's more like a temptation than it is something I genuinely appreciate. Handwashing is nice, and more effective.
Post a Comment