Sunday, July 29, 2007

3:47 AM

Josie was crying. I stumbled out of bed to see what was wrong.
Josie stood up so I could hug her because it seems that she just needed some love and her sister was too asleep to help her out.

Moments later, Katie sat straight up and looked right at me with vacant eyes. "Chicken nuggets don't burn me!" And she flopped back to her pillow. A few beats later she sat up and looked at my shirt. "Mommy, you wearing a bathing suit?"

"No, baby. Go back to sleep." I put Josie back in bed with her sleepy, silly sister and went to bed laughing.

1 comment:

Beckie Russell said...

Angie's last two phrases before waking up this morning were, "Number Eight" and "Number Twelve,". Then, upon waking, she said, "Dondald has the hiccups!" A reference to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode she watched last night before bed.