My town has the most pathetic little library I've ever seen. I tried going once with my twins, before I had Sarah, and we hardly fit! It's a small room in the basement of the town hall and you have to take an impossibly small elevator to get to it, and then you have to let your still-crawling twins play on the patch of dirty carpet between the bookcases.
Needless to say, it was an altogether uninspiring experience and we've never been back. Today, I'm going to take the babies to the library in my home town. It's big, beautiful, fairly new and well kept. And, they have a whole floor dedicated to children's literature! I expect we will be there for a while. And I hope I can convince them to allow us a library card!
I will be counting this as my children's first visit to the library, since I do not think you can really call the last place a library!
No comments:
Post a Comment