Yesterday was my birthday. I didn't post anything because I was busy non-stop all day long. By the time I wasn't busy anymore, I was too exhausted to think about a post!
I started my morning by waking up late and found that my husband had left me some beautiful white roses on the dining room table. So sweet!
The local florist called me to see if I would be home for a while and got my curiosity going. Since Sam had already left me flowers, who could be sending me something? When he arrived there was not one delivery, but two! A single rose (red, this time) from my sweetie and a very pretty arrangement from my best friend! Quite a surprise since she and I usually wait until the next time we see each other to give gifts for these kind of occasions!
I got the kids ready to start their day and then we met Aunt Beckie for a little shopping trip, during which I finally bought myself a new pair of shoes. (My feet are very thankful. And after all, it was their birthday, too!) We enjoyed a lovely lunch together and then did a little more shopping. On my way home, the kids all fell asleep. Once I had them settled in their cribs I went outside to get some work done on our deck. We've let it become a terrible mess over the past few years. We only ever used it occasionally, so we didn't worry about it too much. This year, though, we've been spending a LOT of time out there and the kids love it! Also, my mother and father were supposed to come over for dinner (they were going to bring steak and shrimp!) so I wanted to make sure everything was nice.
With the deck clean, I went inside to get a drink and heard the babies playing so it was time to get them up. A phone call from my mother changed the evening plans. Now we were going to their house instead of them coming here. Slightly inconvenient, but there was steak and shrimp involved so . . .
Off to Munga's and Papa's house! (**For some reason, blogger's spell check doesn't like the word munga. I just don't understand why!) After a great afternoon with the kids playing backett ball and throwing rocks in the creek and watering Munga's plants, we headed home. (Yes there was ice cream cake and my mom & dad gave me a beautiful swing, a three seater so we should all fit, for us to sit on and enjoy our deck & yard!)
The children were barely awake when I pulled out of the driveway, but somehow they all managed to be awake when we reached home (a mere 7 minute drive). We went inside and I immediately felt like something wasn't right. It was dark in the house, but that wasn't the problem. There was an odd smell. And something felt out of place. I was suddenly reminded of Jennies recent post on just this very subject. I entered the living room to see if anything was amiss there. I didn't notice it at first, and I'm not sure how. But there, right in the middle of the floor was a brand new, shiny bike! The smell was from the new tires!
With a trailer and a bike seat still on their way, Sam and I are going to have a lot of fun biking the neighborhood this year! I can't wait!
Somehow the children found the energy to explore this new contraption for another 20 minutes before I had to insist they go to bed! (it was already after 9:30 and two-year-olds just shouldn't be up that late!) The twins were grateful to be put in their cribs and Sarah fell asleep in my arms just a few minutes later. I was finally able to relax. Except that there was steak and more flowers from my parents in the car that had to come in . . So one more quick trip outside and then I was finally able to relax!
It was a very wonderful day. Thank you, everybody!
3 comments:
I'm glad you had such a lovely day!
Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a great day!
Silly girl, yesterday wasn't your birthday!
Post a Comment