Friday, October 06, 2006

"The Joy of Raising Twins"

If you have a moment, click here to read this article.

I didn't go any further at this site and, if you've read it, you probably can guess why. The author very obviously does not find life with twins a "joy" and I wonder why they bothered to "help" other twin parents. Describing life with twins as a "predicament" and "frustrating." The author even calls some of the challenges of infant care unbearable!

Now, I'll admit that it isn't always a picnic, but if you are writing about the joys of twin parenting, shouldn't you be a bit more optimistic? The article does end on a high note, explaining that potty training two at a time instead of two singletons a year apart is easier, and that twins can entertain each other. If these are the only highlights of having twins, I think I'll throw mine out . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you are throwing them away, I'll take them.

Monga

Jennie C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie C. said...

I only just read this, but it's so badly written that I'd not have gotten past the first sentence if you hadn't linked to it. It doesn't even end. It just ceases (to borrow a word from Sylvester and the Magic Pebble).