Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Tagged!

A while back, my sister Jennie tagged me and I was delighted to be thought of. And then I forgot! (sorry!)

1.Grab the book nearest you, turn to page 18 and find line 4. "In A summo caelo there is a clear rounding of the verse melody to correspond to the end of the response; this happens in other gradual melodies, too." Discussion of chant form in A History Of Musical Style by Richard L. Crocker

2. Stretch out your left arm as far as you can. What can you touch? The end of my fairly clean desk. My printer table, if I try really hard.

3.What is the last thing you watched on TV? Good Eats on the Food Network last night. I love that show!

4.Without looking, guess what time it is. 11:30 am

5.Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 11:22

6.With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? My children laughing at each other as the play in the next room. A stirring performance of Hoe-Down by Arron Copland.

7.When did you last step outside? What were you doing? About an hour ago when I brought my now clean kitchen garbage can inside. It was soaking with bleach in it . . .

8.Before you started this survey, what did you look at? I checked my mail and then i went to Jennie's Blog to copy this survey!

9.What are you wearing? My new sandals with the pretty little flowers on them, tan capri pants and a mustard gold shirt with white stripes. It's not really a favorite of mine, but my husband loves it!

10.Did you dream last night? If I did, I don't remember. I fell asleep and then woke up . . . that's all I know!

11.When did you last laugh? This morning, watching Katie and Josie dance to the music I was playing!

12.What is on the walls of the room you are in? An odd mix of things, as this room is a work in progress, just like me! There is a calendar with prints of paintings by Jack Vettriano, one of my favorite modern painters, a white clock, some Winnie the Pooh wall stickers (left over from when the twins slept in here) and lots of instruments, although those might not count, as they are actually on shelves.

13.Seen anything weird lately? Yes, but since most of the wierdness I see is in me, I don't think I'll go much farther with this one!

14.What do you think of this quiz? It's interesting. I'm not sure how good it is at letting people get to know me, but you've got to start somewhere, right?

15.What is the last film you saw? Walk The Line. There have been lots of movies lately about composers and performers. This one was about Johnny Cash and it was done very well. (I also recommend De-Lovely about Cole Porter and Ray about, well, Ray! Charles, that is)

16.If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? A house with lots of room around it cor my family to live and stretch out! Then I'd build two barns: One for animals, especially horses, and one for my husbands car collection, which is what we would buy next! The car collection must include some Corvettes, as they are my favorite!

17.Tell me something about you that I don't know. I like to dance. I'm terrible at it, and wouldn't do it in front of anyone but my family, but I love it!

18.If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt and politics, what would you do? I don't know what I would do. There are so many things that are wrong, but they are wrong because people aren't perfect. I like it that way. Not the world being messed up, but that people make mistakes. It's our challenge to learn how to fix our own problems.

19.Do you like to dance? See question #17.

20.George Bush: Daddy Bush--; Baby Bush-- I have no idea what this question means.

21.Imagine your first child is a girl. Not much of a stretch . . . they are all girls! Three of 'em, in fact!

22.Imagine your first child is a boy. I get asked all the time if we were trying for a boy. I think that's what this question is about. Would we have had more kids if our first was a boy? YES! First of all, they were all "accidents." Happy ones, but accidents just the same. Secondly, we'd be very happy if we kept having girls. Girls are wonderful!

23.Would you ever consider living abroad? I would go wherever my husband wanted or needed to be.

If it had nothing to do with Sam, I don't think I would live forever in another country, but maybe for a few years. Probably not until my children are older, though.

24.What would you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gate? This is not a question I can answer here. It will take me much to much time to even formulate my beliefs to figure out if I even believe in God. This is best left to some other format or time. . .

25.3 people who must also do this quiz in their blog: Beckie, because I think she'd have fun with it, Jessie, because she needs to post more things to her blog and I don't know her very well, and Nicole, again because she'd have fun, though I think I could guess most of her answers!


Thanks for tagging me, Jennie! Love you.

1 comment:

Jennie C. said...

Finally! I thought you would never get to this! You know that movie "Under the Tuscan Sun"? I know you've seen it. I'd do that. I'd up and move into an Italian villa on a whim. Or on a sign. Of course, I'd have to have no other commitments, like her, which I do. I love that movie, don't you?