Monday, July 10, 2006

Procrastination . . .

If you know me even slightly, you know I'm a fantastic procrastinator. I strive to be timely with things, but I often put things off, sometimes even beyond the very last moment! Occasionally I do this with serious things (which in the now distant past has resulted in things like no electricity for a few hours)

I bring this up, not because it is news to anyone, but because our lollygagging (Sam tends to let a few things slide now and then as well . . .) led us to a purchase this weekend that was just silly!

For our wedding, we received a $100 gift certificate to Pier One Imports. A lovely store with lots of fun things that I often find irresistable. Well, after 2 years, they start reducing the balance on the gift card for some odd reason, so, since we will be married 2 years next month, we needed to use this card!

They were having a 50% off sale, so we thought this weekend would be perfect. Knowing that we weren't very likely to get back out to this store in the near future, I decided that we weren't leaving until we'd spent the money!

We wandered the store looking for things, and they did have lots of nice stuff. But I kept thinking, "This won't make it for 5 minutes in our house!" It's all too breakable. Or not the style we are heading for. And the things we liked or needed were much too expensive.

So . . . we bought one large serving bowl, two medium serving bowls, four small serving/soup bowls, two candles and a "home scent" spray.

Can you believe that cost $100??! Insane. And yet we spent it. (Actually, it was about $103)

1 comment:

Beckie Russell said...

Well,for $100 I hope they're darn nice!