Monday, June 12, 2006

One Tough Cookie

I try so hard. I tickle her feet. I tickle her sides. I tickle under her chin. I make silly faces and silly noises. I brush her face with my soft, tickly hair. I lift her up. I plop her down. I talk in a high, sweet voice. I walk my fingers up from her toes to her chin. I wiggle her legs, her arms, her fingers, her toes. I kiss her cheeks. I blow raspberries on her tummy. I do every single trick I know to get a baby to giggle. Usually, though, she gives me great big smiles.

But sometimes, when I least expect it, Sarah gives me that beautiful gem I work so hard for. I think it starts in her toes, gets stuck in her tummy for a minute and then, as if she'd been storing it up for days, Sarah will let out a great, big belly laugh!

2 comments:

Beckie Russell said...

Angie is like that too. She's hard to get a giggle out of (still) but when you do, boy is it worth it!

Jennie C. said...

I love a baby laugh! Especially the first ones, the ones you have to work so hard for!