Friday, September 27, 2013

We're Here and Lovin' It! Random ramblings after my long... long absence...

As far as moves go, I suppose this one could have been smoother.  But no matter the obstacles, we have managed to finally move ourselves to a beautiful little town in Virginia. 

This is really big for us.  Huge.  It means so many good things, which I'm sure I'll have fun telling you all about soon. 

But for now, I just wanted you to know that we made it here, we're unpacking, settling in, enjoying the neighborhood and looking forward to exploring the area around us.  We are, after all, nestled smack dab in the middle of the Shenandoah Valley.  Breathtaking mountain views all around us.  Farms everywhere.  In fact, as I called the kids in for dinner last night, I heard mooing from the farm just over the hill.  I made everyone stop to listen!  

The neighbors here aren't quite sure what to make of us.  One of the little girls here even looked at us with total disbelief when we said we were from New Jersey.  "New Jersey?" she drawled out.  "But that can't be.  I thought everyone from New Jersey spoke Spanish."  So I said "Hola" because that's about all I know.

I hope to post some pictures soon, because the view out my front window is so pretty.  And the moment you walk to the end of the street, it's mountains as far as you can see.

Anna has caught herself a cold but she doesn't seem to mind it.  She belly laughs every time she sneezes.  Can you believe she just turned 3??  How on Earth did that happen?

Time to go unpack another box.  If you are every passing through Virginia, give me a ring and stop by!  We'd love to see you! :)

No comments: