We pulled into the driveway after a very full day of hard play at a great indoor playground, two of our three babies snoring in their seats. Baby Number Three (Sarah) watched carefully as I put the car in park and told me "NO!"
"What's the matter, Sarah?" I asked.
"No, no, no, Mommy," she said, waiving her hands at me for emphasis. "You put that back down."
"Then what?" I was so curious about where this conversation was going.
"You put that down," she carefully enunciated, so I wouldn't miss a word. "And then we go backwards."
"Then where, honey?"
"You put that all the way down and we go backwards. Then we go down the hill and then up the hill and we go to Gamma's house!"
Oh.
(Reminder: Sarah just turned two. I'm always amazed at her)
1 comment:
She makes me laugh! She's gotten so much clearer in her speaking. And I have no doubt that the conversation is represented accurately...with a bit of "enunciating" done by you, of course.
Post a Comment