Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Dreams

I've been dreaming about raw milk for the last two nights. I gave the kids some regular store milk yesterday, since we were running low on the real stuff, and I felt bad about it.

Now that I know what's not in store milk and what is in 'real' milk, I just don't feel right giving dead milk to the kids.

Last night, as I was preparing some milk for the kids before bed, I filled their bottles with store milk, except the gallon I had in the kitchen was nearly empty. (Yes, folks. They still use bottles. I know it's wrong and it's the next thing we are working on, but I just got them using a potty, okay? One thing at a time. And goodness gracious. Why can't you focus on the story and not get so sidetracked by my children's bedtime habits?) So, trying to avoid a trip down to the garage, because the garage door is so heavy and it doesn't like to run even close to smoothly on it's tracks, I asked Sam if I should top their bottles off with some real milk.

"What?!" he said. "You can't put living milk in the dead milk! Then you'll have un-dead milk."

So, to solve all of our problems, and enable us to deliver the promised gallons to our family members, we are taking a trip today to a farm in NY where the people are eagerly awaiting our arrival so they can show off their operation and share their creamy goodness with us. I'm so impressed with their prices and just how easy they make the process. I e-mailed them last night to let them know we wanted to come and how much we wanted. This morning, after their cows were milked and before their tank was emptied to take to market (yes. They apparently have a select number of markets in NY that are allowed to sell raw milk. Lucky ducks) they filled some containers for us, which we will be getting this morning.

I figure that if this is important enough to occupy so many of my thoughts that I'm dreaming about it, there must be something to this.

Oh, and if you live in my area and would like to join my brand new little raw milk coop, just let me know. I'll be happy to help you join the raw milk revolution.

No comments: