I have a dilemma. Now that I have lots of delicious, nutritious, rich and creamy whole, real, raw milk . . .
What do I do with the dead stuff?!
I have nearly two gallons that I'll be sneaking into recipes to get rid of, but we most likely won't be drinking it straight.
We're spoiled now.
_____
By the way, our trip to the farm was great today. Since it was our first time there, we got the grand tour (it's a small farm) and we met all of the milk cows and their 11 calves. We even got to know a little 2 week old calf named Alice. Josie fell in love with her.
The kids got to brush the cows and help feed them. We chatted about the good and bad things about keeping cows and the difference between keeping 2000 milk cows and 23 milk cows (life span is much larger for the smaller group, more than double!) and we helped send the cows outside for some sun and fresh air.
We left before the stall mucking got underway, but Sarah would have jumped in with both hands to help with that. She wanted so badly to show off her shoveling skills.
And we came home with ten gallons of milk (we're keeping 8 and sharing 2. Yes. We are greedy.)
I was so impressed with the lady who runs the place and the way the farm works and their incredible pricing! I'm looking forward to going again.
1 comment:
this will sound weird, but if you're really looking to get rid of it - call my mom. She and neil go through about a gallon a week, and I know she would appreciate it. Myself - I don't touch the stuff. And, as odd as it may sound the raw stuff makes me even sicker than they processed. I'll stick which my rice/soy milk, me thinks!
Niki
Post a Comment