Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Annas Favorite Game

Anna just loves crawling along side or after anyone who is willing to crawl on the floor with her. She giggles the whole way and often has to stop just to finish getting the laughter out. She especially loves to play this game with Sarah, who will crawl past her down the hall and then turn around and zoom right back the other way. Anna happily does her best to catch her, and she never gets frustrated that she doesn't.

It is simply adorable to watch, as she crawls her fastest, sometimes throwing her head back in fits of laughter, sometimes tucking her head down, catching her breath between giggles.



Oh. And she's a breath away from walking, too! Yesterday, while I was cooking dinner, Katie yelled out for me.
"Mommy!" she yelled, excitedly. "You're really gonna wanna come and see Anna and I!" (yes, she used the correct pronoun and everything!)
"What's up?" I called back, stirring at the stove.
"Just come and look!"
So I peaked around the corner and do you know what I saw? There was my oldest daughter holding the hand of my youngest daughter as the walked up the hall towards me, huge smiles on both their faces. I scooped them up in a big snuggly hug when they got to me, much to both their delights. I'm not sure how much a mother's heart can hold, but I tell you, mine was feeling pretty full!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennie C. said...

How sweet! It's always beautiful to see older siblings so head-over-heels in love with the babies. :-)

Jess said...

Super sweet story! Anna is getting so big already.
(by the way, it would be "Anna and me" to be the correct pronoun. I just wanted to point that out.)

Love how the girls all are so in love with each other. Makes life so fun!