Thursday, July 10, 2008

Too Cute To Keep To Myself

After a hard day of play at Grandma's house, Sarah falls asleep in the car. While her sisters climb out of the van and up the stairs in the house, I non-too-gently pull Sarah from her car seat. She moans a little, but snuggles her head into my neck and snores.

It's late enough in the day that I decide to put Sarah to bed, though her sisters won't join her for another hour. I lay her down in her crib and she quickly rolls to her side. She is still in her clothes, though, and in need of a new diaper to get her through the night, so I roll her on her back and begin to unbuckle her overalls. As I'm wondering why I had to choose overalls for her today, she opens her eyes a little and, though her eyes look vacant, she grins at me. As I wiggle the overalls past her cute little chubby thighs, she giggles.

I stare at her face, fearful that she will wake up. She has had just enough of a nap to ruin bed time if she should really wake up now. I pull the overalls completely off and she giggles some more. Her eyes are closed and she is still asleep.

As I pull off her diaper, her giggles turn to full belly laughs, though she isn't awake. I try to stifle my laughter but find it almost impossible as she impishly giggles and rolls away from me with her bottom still naked. I roll her back over and wiggle her diaper on, much to her sleepy delight. She laughs again when the blanket tickles her chin.

I'm left wanting to scoop her little cuteness right out of that crib to wake her up with hugs and kisses. I don't though. I leave the room with a smile, completely filled with joy, and go tickle her sisters to within an inch of their little lives.

1 comment:

Beckie Russell said...

Isn't it amazing what they can sleep through...and what they can accomplish in their sleep! Wish I could have witnessed that...and I hope she slept through the night, too. Love those babies!