Of all of the subjects taught to children in public, private and even home schools (with the exception of a magnate school for arts, perhaps), music is the most overlooked. It seems frivolous, a luxury, to be set aside for days when there are less important things to study and learn.
Of course, to me, this is just an insane point of view. But then, I'm a music lover, through and through. For those of you who aren't quite as passionate about this as I am, consider this: Not only is music intrinsically valuable, active participation in music (playing or listening) increases our brains ability to think!
Because this is so important to me, and because I have a few sisters who read this blog and teach their children at home, I would like to start a new feature here about incorporating music into your daily home life. It doesn't have to be difficult and the benefits far outweigh the small changes you'll make.
Join me, won't you? Let enjoy some Music At Home.
1 comment:
Gotta work on the follow through.... Someone around here is prone to saying she'll do things but then not actually doing them. :-)
On a related note...how's the laundry going? I've been doing two to three loads every single day with good success. I'm motivated by the little tick marks I've been making atop my Tide box, though. Simple pleasures. :-) I did 55 loads of laundry last month (Dec 14-Jan13), and I'm on track to beat that this month (Jan 14-Feb 13).
Post a Comment