Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lil' Helpers

Every morning, we get up, get dressed and go straight to the kitchen. Josie knows right where to go to grab the grinder.



Sarah follows close behind to grab the watering can.



Katie picks a bag of beans, usually based on the colors on the bag and the odd flavor she imagines will be found inside.



"Here Mommy! This one is Banana!"



I pour the beans into the grinder and put the lid on.




Then Katie, Josie & Sarah all take turns pressing the button that makes the little machine whir and buzz. It's a noise that's right on the edge of too much for my babies. They are almost afraid of it, but they love living on the edge.





Then, they help me count the scoops of brown dirt as I put them into a second machine. And, as I pour water, they tell me when the little red ball has reached the right number.





Then we have to pick who gets to press the button twice.






Finally, while the coffee brews, making alll kinds of fun gurgling noises, the kids open up the dishwasher and we empty out yesterdays dishes.

I really love starting my day like this. And, I must say, Starbucks can't hold a candle to the coffee my babies have learned how to make!

No comments: