We had a music night recently. After a discussion at the dinner table where Daddy mentioned a flugelhorn, I decided to let the kids hold one, since there happens to be a nice, old flugelhorn in my widely varied instrument collection. To round things out and give everyone something interesting to explore, I also brought out a set of chimes, a large xylophone, a rain stick and a didgeridoo.
The children had a great deal of fun and delighted in our positive response to all the racket. To our amazement, they even played the flugelhorn. They actually got some very good tones out of it. Far better than I did! lol
Allow Katie to demonstrate . . .
Josie managed it too, while Sarah had a little difficulty mastering the proper technique.
We really had such a lovely time fooling around with all these sounds. They haven't forgotten it and keep asking to do it again. I think I smell a weekly addition to our routine . . .
2 comments:
The top photo...Look at that belly!
too precious. katie's so excited by her ability!
Post a Comment